Senior Leadership Development for Women 2016/17
This programme is suitable for you if you are an assistant or deputy head (or equivalent) considering your next steps towards headship.
Fully funded from the NCTL Leadership Equality and Diversity Fund, this pilot programme will:
- Sharpen your leadership skills, with sessions tailored to your needs
- Offer insights and inspiration from female headteachers, including shadowing opportunities
- Provide mentoring and coaching from successful female leaders
- Prepare you for application and interview success
- Create a powerful network of like-minded female leaders
You will also have the opportunity to take part in optional activities to explore how the joys and challenges of balancing senior leadership and motherhood can be made more manageable – for yourself and/or for others in your schools.
To secure your place you will need to complete this form no later than Wednesday 11 January 2017.
In return for over £1000-worth of CPD, the commitment we are asking from you is to:
- Attend the induction event on 25 January, the five twilight sessions running between February and June 2017, and the final graduation event. Where we don’t yet have firm dates, the programme gives an indication of when each session will run and we aim to have dates confirmed early in the new year. Most sessions run from 3-5pm to make them manageable for people with family (and/or life) commitments, so you will need to ensure your headteacher is happy to release you to attend.
- Complete a short online survey for the National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL) at the beginning and end of the programme so that they can evaluate the programme’s impact. This is a condition of funding for the programme.
- Complete a 360 feedback exercise by the end of January. As well as being incredibly beneficial for you personally, themes from the 360 feedback exercise will help us tailor the programme to the needs of the group.
- Provide ongoing feedback so we can shape the programme to best meet your needs and for roll-out to subsequent cohorts.
- Pay an upfront “commitment fee” of £250. This will be returned at the end of the programme providing the above requirements are met. If your headteacher is taking part in the Headship Beyond One School programme, your school will only be charged one commitment fee, but return of the money will be dependent on you both fulfilling the programme requirements.
- Provide us with information as requested to enable us to report to the NCTL.
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you on the programme.