Headship Beyond One School 2016/17
This programme is suitable for you if you are a serving head or executive head considering your next steps in executive leadership. It will be an opportunity to explore the different forms executive/system leadership can take and how to be an executive leader in a way that is consistent with your personal values and beliefs.
Fully funded from the National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL) Leadership Equality and Diversity Fund, this pilot programme will:
- Provide insights and inspiration from executive leaders in the education sector and beyond, including shadowing opportunities
- Focus on the key skills and attributes needed to succeed
- Create a powerful network of like-minded female leaders
You will also have the option to:
- Coach and/or mentor aspiring female headteachers, with funded coaching training available
- Work with others to develop and trial family-friendly policies and practices
To secure your place you will need to complete this form no later than Wednesday 11 January 2017.
In return for over £1000-worth of CPD, the commitment we are asking from you is to:
- Attend the induction event on 25 January, the five breakfast sessions running between February and June 2017, and the final graduation event. We expect all session to be held in Southwark or Lambeth.
- Complete a short online survey for the NCTL at the beginning and end of the programme so that they can evaluate the programme impact. This is a condition of funding for the programme.
- Complete a 360 feedback exercise by the end of January (unless you have done one in the last 6 months). As well as being incredibly beneficial for you personally, themes from the 360 feedback exercise will help us tailor the programme to the needs of the group.
- Provide ongoing feedback so we can shape the programme to best meet your needs and for roll-out to subsequent cohorts.
- Pay an upfront “commitment fee” of £250. This will be returned at the end of the programme providing the above requirements are met. If someone from your school is taking part in the Senior Leadership Development for Women programme, your school will only be charged one commitment fee, but return of the money will be dependent on you both fulfilling the programme requirements.
- Provide us with information as requested to enable us to report to the NCTL.
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com.